Danish · French · English
ProFrostional Translation, Unipessoal LDA, a Portuguese limited company, is the legal and fiscal vehicle for providing freelance translation services carried out exclusively by Thomas T. Frost. While Thomas was born in Denmark, he has spent most of his adult life in other European countries, gaining a variety of experience, not least native-equivalent skills in British English and fluency in French.
Regular editor for major US high-end smart speaker manufacturer since 2018
Edited and localised all marketing and legal material, CRM communication, website contents, blogs, help pages, FAQs, UI strings and more before the company’s own final internal editing in relation to the company’s complete offering of cutting-edge smart speakers, home cinema systems, amplifiers, streaming services, accessories and more.
At a glance
Lived & worked in
Other online presence
‘Very good precision work’
IT specialist career, IBM mainframe
20 years in:
- The European Commission
- SNCF (French rail).
Intermediate freelance career
12 years with various activities after the end of the IT career:
- Freelance writing
- Relocation of expats to France
- Tourist tours and transfers in Provence, France.
Full-time translator since 2015
Specialist and typical working subjects:
- Business, marketing
- Home entertainment manuals, brochures, websites, etc.
- T&Cs, privacy/cookie policies, etc.
- Technical manuals, brochures, websites, etc.
Services and prices
Prices are shown exclusive of VAT. Portuguese VAT of 23% is added for the following types of client:
Wise instead of waste
Nobody likes waste. ProFrostional Translation accepts payment through Wise, which means that paying us is no more
difficult or costly than a domestic payment in the US, the UK and many other countries, using local bank account details.
- The source must be of decent quality for these rates to apply and must not have been automatically generated, whether in full or in part, for example using machine translation, without subsequent, complete editing. If this turns out not to be the case, the client will be notified as soon as it becomes apparent, and the task will be billed at the hourly rate. In addition, it may not be possible to meet the originally agreed deadline in such a case. The company declines all liability for the consequences of substandard source texts.
- Revision is intended to make sure the text is free of errors but will not include preferential improvements, for example in terms of flow and vocabulary. For the latter to be included, editing should be chosen.
- MTPE (machine translation post-editing) will ensure the text is free of errors but will not include preferential improvements, for example in terms of flow and vocabulary.
- You can always choose the hourly rate in advance for any task.
- The prices shown are typical prices. Please note that only a concrete quote is binding.
- Other tasks, including formatting work required, will be charged at the hourly rate.
Software & network
- memoQ Translator Pro licence with support and upgrades, which supports the most common formats such as Trados sdlppx and sdlxliff.
- Memsource Editor (now Phrase): free version.
- Microsoft 365 licence.
- Windows 11.
- Acronis encrypted, automatic local and cloud backups protect against data loss.
- Security software from one of the best providers keeps your data safe.
- 200 Mbps fibre internet connection.
The best dictionaries
Because it is so important to find the right terms and expressions, I don't skimp on dictionaries. Here are some examples:
- L&H Technical Dictionary, English ↔ Danish, the most comprehensive specialised dictionary in English and Danish.
- Clausens Technical Dictionary, English ↔ Danish, a good supplement to L&H.
- Blinkenberg & Høybye dictionary, French ↔ Danish, is not only the most comprehensive dictionary in French and Danish but contains a large number of terms normally only found in specialised dictionaries.
- Legal Dictionary, English ↔ Danish, Gyldendal.
- Business Dictionary, "For Many Reasons", English ↔ Danish, Ventus.
- Business Dictionary, English → Danish, Gyldendal.
- Business Dictionary, Danish → English, Systimes.
- Christensen & Fich Legal Dictionary, French → Danish.
- New Oxford Style Manual.
© Copyright ProFrostional Translation, Unipessoal LDA 2023, unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.
© Copyright memoQ logo memoQ Translation Technologies Ltd.
Website design, creation and maintenance by Thomas T. Frost.